1. Use 10-12 cones to create a channel ending near the penalty area.
2. At the top of the channel, use 4-5 cones to create a line angled towards the corner flag.
3. The coach stands at the end of the channel, nearest the goal, a couple yards inside the penalty area.
4. The shooting players start 4-5 yards at the top of the channel with a ball.
1. The first player in line (shooter) passes through the channel to the coach (or target player).
2. The shooter makes a check-run down the channel towards the coach.
3. The coach returns the pass to the advancing attacker inside the channel.
4. The shooter once again returns the ball to the coach quickly backpedals towards the end of the tunnel in which he began.
5. The coach lays a ball off to either side.
6. The advancing shooter must quickly react to the direction of the pass, sprint around the end of the cones and take a shot on stride.
• To simplify, announce to players by pointing to the side you are laying off the ball.
• Create different shots by bouncing, spinning, or stopping the ball as you lay it off.
• Work at full speed
• Quick movement after pass
• React quickly to the pass and direction of the pass
• Solid strike on the ball
• Follow through towards goal
• Disc Cones
• Soccer Practice or Training Balls
• Full Size Goal
Drill Target Ages:
• U9, U-9, Under 9, 9 and Under
• U10, U-10, Under 10, 10 and Under
• U11, U-11, Under 11, 11 and Under
• U12, U-12, Under 12, 12 and Under
• U13, U-13, Under 13, 13 and Under
• U14, U-14, Under 14, 14 and Under
• U15, U-15, Under 15, 15 and Under
• U16, U-16, Under 16, 16 and Under
• U17 and Older